Providence Relaunch Information for Families
Posted: September 2, 2020
The staff at Ecole Providence is very pleased to welcome students back for the 2020-2021 school year. Below are some information items for you to be aware of before our first day back to school for all students on Tuesday, September 8, 2020.
- Students can arrive at the school no earlier than 8:15am. All exterior doors will be locked and students will be let in by a staff member.
- Students that are riding the school bus must wear a non-medical mask if in grades 4 and above and sit in an assigned seat. Families will be contacted with their pick up and drop off time.
- Kindergarten to grade 4 students will enter the school using the East Entrance on the South side of the building closest to the playground. Students are asked to maintain distancing while waiting to come into the school.
- Grades 5 to 8 students will enter the school using the West Entrance on the South side of the building. Students are asked to maintain distancing while waiting to come into the school.
- Any students who get to school after the school bus arrives and students have been let into the building, will be asked to come to the school using the front entrance.
- There will be no access to microwaves for students at this time as set out in the Re-entry guidelines. Please pack lunches that do not need heating or make the use of a thermos.
- The school will be providing breakfast to all students upon arrival. This will look different to previous years to follow AHS guidelines.
- There will be no hot lunch program at this time.
- There is no access to a water fountain but there is access to a water bottle filling station. Please send your child with a clearly labelled water bottle
- All visitors must call the school ahead of time and make an appointment.
- If your student has confirmed with the school to the Home Learning Program, their teacher will be in contact with you in the coming days.